Come join the International Education Programs!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Honor Roll Luncheon Experience


Good afternoon!

My name is Galina, and I would like to share with you my feelings that I had during the Honor Roll Luncheon.

I was the final speaker during the Honor Roll Luncheon, so I felt a great responsibility and excitement as I stepped up to the podium. A complete silence suddenly reigned over the conference room.  A few seconds passed before I started my speech.

What are a few seconds of complete silence?

The few seconds of silence to me were infinitely important. I felt like I had the sincere love of all those present in the conference room, thought I could hear the audience`s hearts beat with excitement. My heart was full of love and warmth for each person present.  I murmured quietly the opening and the most important words of my speech, “I love you with all my heart”. At that very moment, my excitement dissipated, and I started to speak.

I was truly happy giving you the words that warmed my heart with all the tenderness and love I possess. After my speech I felt some regret that there were still many more warm, important, and untold words to share.

I will always treasure the bright memories that came from attending the university.  Thank you very much, teachers of this university and I wish with all my soul that you will continue to share your wisdom, patience, and love with many more students in the future!

Thank you very much and best wishes for the future!

Galina's (from Russia) Honor Roll Speech:
     
Good afternoon!
         My name is Galina and I am a student in the 300 Level “Intensive English Program” of UCR Extension Center.
        When I came to America 7 months ago, I could say only three sentences. They were «Excuse me please, I don’t speak English, and Thank you very much». I knew about 15 to 20 words and not many more. It was a difficult time for me, but I enjoyed it.
         I understand that 100 Level was difficult not only for students, but also for teachers. Thanks to my teachers, I had very good grammar basics after 100 Level. In my heart I will always remember my teachers.
Thank you very much Sharon for being like a mother and her endless energy.
Thank you very much Amy Lee for your wonderful theatrical performances when you tried explain new words to students.
Thank you very much Kristina for your patience listening to your students and unique charm.
        Two hundred Level was not as difficult with the good basic skills learned from 100 Level. After 200 Level I felt more confident thanks to my teachers.
Thank you very much Lloyd for your radiant smile and for answering questions from inquisitive students.
Thank you very much Amy Reynolds for your fun creative lessons.
Thank you very much Mellisa for the large amount of useful information.
Thank you very much John Moran for your calm and easy presentation style.
Thank you very much Linda for your help in the computer lab, and your support and inspiration during exams.
          Dear teachers at UCR Extension Center, please accept my warm appreciation for your talent and your sincere generosity. Most over, your job demonstrates complete devotion and I sincerely appreciate this. I admire your kindness and willingness to answer students`  questions. Things change in this world, but your sensitivity, wisdom, and patience are truly priceless.
        I understand now why the university has a superb reputation thanks to the excellent leadership, thanks to an amazing team of teachers, thanks to an attentive administrative staff.
      Thank you very much!
      I love you with all my heart!