Come join the International Education Programs!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Sand, Sun, and San Diego!


Hello IEP students ;)

My name is Takeshi Kometani. I came from Japan, and I have a homestay with a kind family in Riverside now. About a month has passed since I arrived in the US. At first I was taken aback the strange atmosphere in the US, but now I became familiar with a new life here and fully enjoy it except the great amount of homework of my classes lol Today, I want to tell you about what I experienced these days.


Now I am in English for Academic Purposes class. The EAP class is focused on skills of preparation for main campus of UCR. Writing essays, thinking logically and using facilities in university… Such kinds of classes are a bit hard to me, but they will contribute to me when I study in the main campus of UCR. In order not to feel hard there, I will make much effort now!!


It goes without saying that I had many good experiences. For instance, I went to San Diego with my friends as an optional tour a couple weeks ago. It is the second largest city in California and the United states’ eighth largest. San Diego is very famous for its wonderful weather, 70 miles of comfortable beaches and its clear seawater. Please look at pictures below.






I took these pictures at Scripps Park, La Jolla Cove. The park is the most photographed place in San Diego. The perfect blue sky and the beautiful sea made me refreshed :)) There are many cute sea lions and you can see them at close range if you are lucky!! When you go to La Jolla Cove in the near future, I recommend you to bring a swimming suit. You can enjoy some marine activities there :^)


After I enjoyed the sound of the sea waves and a lovely cool breeze, I went to the Horton Plaza. It is located in Downtown San Diego and its scale is so large that it stands on six and a half city blocks. The mall contains about 130 stores, for example clothing shops, a food court, ATMs and a cinema. I bought a penny board which is small sized skateboard for transportation. If you see me riding on it around extension center, please speak to me casually ;-)


My studying abroad in UCR has just begun now. In 8 months, I want to do my best.
Thanks for reading to the end J